Saturday, August 29, 2015

New Cousin Elizabeth

We got to meet new cousin Elizabeth in July too!!  The kids were over the moon.  Owen was so disappointed when he found out that a "baby shower" does not have anything to do with the baby at all.  He thought all along thats when that kid would make an appearance!!  I'm not sure why the confusion given the fact that he's been through this before, but, it cracked me up.  It was a LOOOONG wait though I can tell you from the baby shower to the actual delivery date for him! 

I stayed at the hospital the first night so that Trevor could get some rest.  Shawn had to stay in the hospital three days, so, they had a long haul.  This is how Miss Elizabeth looked most of the night...which was good because when I first met her, I thought maybe I need one of my own...but, by morning, I was good with just being the auntie!  Hahahaha!

Clearly, I messed with this picture too much.  I liked how proud Owen looked when he got to hold the baby for the first time, but, wanted the background gone.  So, I subbed in my own.  But, I just don't love it, not sure how to make it better though.  Still a sweet picture.

All of these pictures I take make me realize how much Owen wears his heart on his sleeve.  Theres never a picture that you can't tell exactly what this kid is thinking.  I get credit for taking such great pictures that capture so much emotion, but, it's really all him.  I just love that about him.
 Liv's a lot like that too, but, she's not quite as sensitive as Owen so, it doesn't typically show through as transparently in her pictures.  But, this was an exception, could she look any prouder to be a big cousin?  She was SO glad to get a girl!!

I messed with this one too much too.  I especially liked the kiss, but, it was kind of blurry.  So, I had fun trying to fix it...content is still good...but, I need to work on my artistic skills some more! ;O)

I'm obsessed with pictures of my grandmother and the kids.  I think it's because every day with her is a gift at this point.  I guess its also because I know from experience with Dave's Granny that unfortunately, sometimes, all you get with a loved one is a photo.

I wish I'd focused on Elizabeth in this picture, but, I like the look on my grandmother's face.








This is a blanket woven by a guy that Trevor works with.  He patterned it after the same material as was worn on the princess in Brave...how cute is that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment