Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Visit from Grandma and Papa!

Dave's parents came up for two weeks the end of July and sadly, I barely got any pictures!  Hopefully, Dave's got a few on his phone.

We took a quick trip up to Hatcher Pass and Owen decided to climb up a path we'd never taken before to the very top of the mine.  I figured the path couldn't possibly go all the way and decided to let him go to the end.  Much to my surprise...it didn't end!!  We went all of the way to the top, much higher than I had anticipated, and the trail got so steep, Owen and I had to go down most of it on our rear ends because it was such loose gravel.  Dave did much better than us however!!

To give some perspective, here's Diana and Anthony before the "steep" part...Liv even walked up this far, but, bailed about a 1/3 of the way up the "steep" part and Dave had to take her back down to his parents.  


Here's Dave and Owen at the very top.  I do have to say though, it was worthwhile to go up because on the way down, we saw a couple Collard Pika gathering greens for the winter...they are a small animal related to rabbits that look like chinchillas without a tail.  They are super cute and I'd never even heard of them before!  Dave wanted me to take a picture, but, the one we saw up close happened to be when I was in an especially percarious position.  So, picture taking wasn't exactly my top priority!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment