Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Think They Are Related?

I've been wanting to do a comparison photo for some time of the two munchkins and have finally got around to it.  I looked through Owen's pictures first and then tried to reproduce the shots with Olivia, this isn't just coincidence! ;O)  I used the same blanket in the background and she's in the cradle my dad made for me, just like Owen.  Olivia is 30 days old here and Owen is 31 days.  I couldn't talk her into giving me a nice expression like Owen however, just her usual scowl!  The only other real difference is the camera used to take the photo...what a difference a good quality camera makes! ;O)

In Olivia's defense, I think Owen was able to sit up better, the way she slumps exaggerates her pudgy face (a little anyway!!).

Just some facts for more comparison:
Birth
Owen-8lb 6oz; 19.5" long; 37cm head
Olivia-8lb 10oz; 20" long; 35.75 head

Newborn Check-up
Owen-7lb 4oz (down 20oz after 3 days) back to birth weight at 10 days old
Olivia-7lb 14oz (down 12oz after 5 days) 4oz over birth weight at 13 days old

Looking at these two shots anyway, they aren't quite as identical as I thought.  Of course, its hard to tell with Olivia's extra pudge!





























We can't find the info for Owen at 2 weeks to compare, so, we'll have to wait and look at their 6 week statistics after Olivia's appointment here in a couple of weeks.  I'm surprised how similar they were the first week or so though, I really thought Olivia was huge in comparison!  Owen was over 11 pounds and 22 inches by 6 weeks and I think Olivia is on track to meet or beat him...

No comments:

Post a Comment