Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter Sunday!  We had a good morning with a little Easter Egg Hunt.  Owen is so fun to do for and appreciates all the small stuff, it's really cute.  His real gift was a telescope and he's spent all morning looking for moose, snow leopards, and snow lobsters on the mountain...don't ask, I tried to correct him, but, it wasn't worth it....

Also, just a bit of weather news, we broke the snow record here in Anchorage yesterday...yaaay (that's total sarcasm).  With the 4.3 inches we got yesterday, we are now at 134.5 inches (11.2 feet) for the season, beating the record set in 1954-1955 of 132.6 inches and with more snow predicted through the rest of the month.  What the hay!!  According to the article on the Weather Channel Website (http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/anchorage-record-snow-season_2012-04-08), thats about twice our average snowfall.  I'll try and remember to take some outdoor photos so you can see what that looks like in April!  We still have a good three feet in the yard.  I am SO over it!!!  I have to tell you, I have no sympathy for those of you in the Lower 48 that the national news says is "suffering" with early seasonal allergies...I'd give anything for seasonal allergies due to warm temps about now!  At least there's drugs for that! ;O)

I haven't taken any Easter pictures yet, but, hope to today while Dave is home to help me with the poses.  I did take these shots of Olivia yesterday though with Owen's help.  She's two weeks old already!  I'd like to say time flies, but, I honestly can't remember much of those weeks...there were feedings, diapers, and naps, how does that add up to two weeks!! ;O)

My sister wanted pictures of Olivia in the ladybug outfits she bought her.  I meant to do it the other day in the first outfit, but, Olivia peed all over it before I could!  I swear, at least you get a split second warning with boys...girls you get nothing!  Dave and I have been through so many clothes due to this stealth system!  Anyway, this outfit has a cute little lady bug on the front of the shirt and I thought it would be cute with the quilt from her Grandma Diana in the background.  But, the little turdlette wouldn't put her hands down and totally covered the ladybug in every shot!  It's like she knew what I wanted!


You can see a little flash of jealousy from Owen anytime I try to do a little photo shoot with the baby.  Suddenly, he WANTS his picture taken.  Hello, he had five years with me following him around trying to take his photo...where was the cooperation when I wanted it! ;O)  Anyway, since he's never dressed how I'd want him to be, we do lots of kissing photos...hides his clothes that way and Olivia likes the attention from her brother!!

1 comment:

  1. Grandma Diana gave me a heads up that new pictures had been posted. They are GREAT! You are having a lot of fun -- in spite of snow and cold!

    ReplyDelete