Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Butte Visit...

We had so much fun in Butte with Shawnie, but it was way too short of a trip.  I made up my mind that we needed to fly into Washington and drive over from there to avoid the nightmare trip Shawn and I experienced last time.  There's only one or two flights into Missoula a day, so, if you miss your flight, you're pretty much tough out of luck.  Probably wouldn't have been a bad idea had we driven the same evening we flew into Spokane.  But, instead, we waited until the next day and got a late start to boot.  We barely ended up with a day and a half in Butte and most of the full day was spent on campus and at Shawn's presentation...I made Owen go watch with me and he was thrilled to tell everyone that he watched "Sawnies pesenteetion".   

Afterwards, we did little photo shoots around campus.  Owen was less than cooperative with pictures and it was kind of cold with some wind and rain.  So, I took what I could get!!  I was so thrilled to take Owen back to our school it was a lot of fun to kind of come full circle.
This sign is outside what was kind of our "home" building for our department.  I just realized I didn't think to do the same for Dave's building...whoops, guess he should have come with us! ;O)
Here's Shawn after defending her project in front of the board.  She was thrilled to find out she passed after she realized that this wasn't just a regular check the box type thing....she said she would have made a bigger effort had she realized it could have cost her the degree.  But, I'm willing to bet that she wouldn't have done one thing extra regardless.  This way she didn't stress it! ;O)  She actually did awesome and I thought, especially considering the direction (or lack there of) that good ol' Kumar provided, she couldn't have done any better!

This is RuthAnne, Shawn, and Rikki (with Addison) at Jade and RuthAnne's house....which by the way was AAAAAAmazing!!!  Absolutely gorgeous.  We were very impressed.  Poor RuthAnne had her baby right around 10 days after we left.  We have such great timing...we were there just a few weeks before she had Karissa on our last visit!!!


What's a visit to Butte without a Blue Raspberry Sloda from Bonanza Freeze!!!  Rik and I were thrilled to introduce Sammee and Owen to them.  I'm not sure the kids appreciated them like we wanted them to though!  But, I did get this shot of Owen pointing to the WinaMucka burger for Dave.  Where they came up with that is beyond me...I can't imagine there's that many Winnemucca grown college kids at Tech!

I'm excited to get back again some day soon.  There was lots we'd hoped to do while we were there, but, just didn't have the time.  We are so fortunate to have such great friends and there's just something about Butte that makes me feel like I'm home...you know short of the excessive pollution caused by the mines and of course, the pit that's supposed to overflow in the near future with millions of gallons of acidic water...besides that it feels like home!!! ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment