Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkin Carving...

We had Auntie Shawn day a couple weekends back and had fun carving pumpkins afterwards.  Owen was a hands-on man this year, although, he didn't quite get the concept of following the lines on the templates we had...he's more of an abstract kind of guy....I love his shirt though, I need a better picture of him in it though...the eyes are googly and they move around!



 I love how Owen has to be right in the middle of everything, especially when it comes to his dad.  Dave had a bit of trouble working around his help!!! ;O)

One last shot of the goofy kid...
So, I'm sure you've noticed that we don't have any "after" photos of the pumpkins.   That would be thanks to these two...

We carved two pumpkins that Sunday (Shawn had her own that she bought a Mr. Potatoe Head kit for and then Geoff assembled it for her...I didn't think to get a picture...it was lame) and had a third I planned to finish some time during the week so that it was ready for Halloween the next weekend.  Well, come Thursday afternoon I noticed our pumpkins were gone!!  At first, I thought they had succumb to the evil doings of local hoodlums!  But, it became pretty apparent when I found the pumpkin crumbs in the yard that it was a different kind of trickster!  The moose were back on Saturday looking for more...fortunately, our 3rd pumpkin was safe inside!!!  I don't mind the moose eating them AFTER Halloween, but, considering I spent more than $10 a piece, I was not amused!!  I haven't seen a moose in our neighborhood for months prior and hadn't crossed my mind that it would be a problem.  Last year it was December before they ate the darn pumpkins.  And for those of you that were wondering...there was no snow on Thursday so there were no hoof prints to tip me off...oh, and by the way, the 3rd pumpkin is still sitting on the porch totally untouched.  No doubt it will warm up and rot without any takers!!! ;O)



No comments:

Post a Comment