Sunday, August 29, 2010

More Pics...

I'm so proud of myself for not only taking more pictures lately (mostly I've been enjoying playing with my new camera!), but, also, getting them posted!!  So, I thought I'd wrap-up through the end of today with Uncle Doc's B-day pics and a few I missed in earlier posts.

We moved the bird cage upstairs to the office since we seem to spend more time in our rooms and on the computer than downstairs these days.  He seems happier, but, he's still plucking feathers a little bit.  He definitely gets more attention this way though.  Owen even makes sure to cover him and tell him goodnight before bed each evening.  I'm not sure the bird appreciates it all that much, but, Owen loves to be able to do it!

Owen was so excited to go to the fair on Friday.  I was gathering up stuff to take including a hat and gloves, just in case (it was cold enough to use them for sure!), and Owen grabbed them up and put them on.  He didn't care what he was forced to wear as long as it got him out the door...he looked like such a punk with his hat like this!  


Yesterday evening, he was running around the house without his pants (as usual).  But, this time, decided he needed sunglasses too.  He reminded me so much of Tom Cruise in Risky Business, it was cracking me up.  I tried to get him to run and slide, but, he just wasn't getting it.  I did get the pose below though...not sure what that was about!





When I download pics onto the computer from my camera, Owen always wants to go through them with me and inevitably, asks for more pictures of him.  This is one of those shots.  I just love how this camera captures his eyes.  Those big brown puppy eyes fascinate me, I would love to know where in the family tree they came from...it certainly isn't direct from Dave nor I!
Uncle Doc got to pick dinner for his birthday.  So, we went to JDs (our only bbq restaurant!) and Cold Stone afterward for ice cream.  I grabbed the camera and got a few shots of everyone while we were finishing up our ice cream.  We had a good time, as always, with everyone.
The boys were less than cooperative....as usual...Owen's learning from them too.  He was to the right of Dave, but, refused to come any closer or look at the camera.  So, I cropped him out! 


Before we left for dinner, Owen informed us that we were taking "his truck" to Eagle River for dinner.  He was real upset that we forced him to take our truck.  I'm thinking there's a good chance "his truck" wouldn't make it out of the neighborhood with all three of us in it, let alone reach highway speeds! ;O)  Try to convince him of that though!

The sun shocked us all and made an appearance this afternoon.  We desperately needed it, our backyard was a lake after the heavy downpour we got yesterday!!  I'm hoping it's had some time to recover and dry out.  This picture of our front yard makes it look far greener and lush than it truly is...it's still mostly weeds, but, we have had quite a bit of growth over the last couple days. 

Hope you all have a great week...I start the countdown tomorrow...these days, I'm just glad to get through each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment