Friday, September 10, 2010

Visitors from Utah...

Amanda and Curtis came up with their two kiddos, Alex and Natalie, to visit this past week.  We took tons of pics of the kids together, but, I don't like to post other kid's photos on here.  So, I'll just share the ones of our kiddo!  

We hauled them all out of the house bright and early on Sunday, despite their long day of flying and late night, and ran down to Seward.  We stopped at Exit Glacier first.  I can't believe how far the glacier has receded since I was here last!!!!  I think it's been since right before Dave and I got married that I've stopped here...over 7 years ago.  Anyway, it's still beautiful and fun to hike to.  Owen was excited to get close to the "snow".  Such a goof ball!

Curtis was in charge of taking the photo of all of us together, but, I don't think he pushed the button hard enough...so, this is the closest shot we got.


After stopping for a lunch break at Ray's, we headed over to the Sea Life Center.  It was a lot of fun.  Although, I was looking forward to the Sea Otters and surprised to see they didn't have any.  I hope that means they've all been released.  I think this was Owen's first trip down there and he really enjoyed it.  Although, his favorite part was the fake boat at the front of the center... He wouldn't let me take a decent pic, but, he would have been just as happy if we looked around and he got to stay and play in it the whole time.

I'm not exactly looking spectacular here, but, I thought it was a funny picture of this goofy kid!


The belugas were in on our way back through, so, we stopped at Bird Point and watched them for a bit.  I had never seen these little whales before, Dave says they've been there forever.  Regardless, Owen thought it was fun to pose with them.  They are too cute.


We headed over to the park one night to wear the kids out some...some of the bigger kids took over the playground equipment...
Dave and Owen took advantage of the amazing weather this morning to spend some time together fishing.  When Owen was getting dressed, he decided Dave needed to wear his Bass Pro-Shop t-shirt and OU hat to match Owen.  It's a bit nippy here today despite some sunshine, so, Dave compromised with a sweatshirt that was the same color.  Owen was thrilled they matched so closely regardless.  It was really cute!!


I think I have a few more pictures to share on the other camera.  I'll probably wait until tomorrow to post those.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment