Saturday, August 28, 2010

State Fair!

Dave managed to sneak out of work for a couple of hours and take Owen and I to the fair yesterday.  It was so nice to go on a day when there wasn't a huge crowd.  It was only the second day and during work/school got out, so, we could even walk down the paths without being elbow to elbow with people!  Of course, the weather sure didn't cooperate.  It varied from sprinkling to a light rain the whole time.  I was pretty soaked by the time we got back...I stepped in a puddle real early on and my feet were soaked through and my pants were wet about 6 inches up my leg!!  Dave and Owen seemed to make it home much dryer!  I'm not sure how that happened!

Owen has been talking about the Ferris Wheel for weeks!!!  So, it was our first stop after we arrived.  We finally have some relief now that it's out of his system!!

O.k., I look like a drown rat in this pic, but, I just love all the flowers and topiaries they have at the fair every year!


Usually the line is so crazy long, we don't even attempt going in the petting zoo.  But, this year, we didn't have to wait long at all!  Owen had a blast, they had ponies, goats, baby cows, and even little piglets.  Owen's favorite was the pigs, but they wouldn't hold still long enough to pet.  They were hilarious and would grunt and holler at him every time he touched them.
                                             


I think our favorite part of the whole fair (a close second is the food of course!!) is the barn animals.  This year, Owen was a lot more willing to walk up and pet them on his own.  There were a whole lot of really sweet goats.  I think I need one!  I told Dave they could hang out in the back and keep the lawn mowed (if we ever get it to grow!!).
                                           

Owen enjoyed the pony rides so much last year, we had to stop again this time.  He wasn't sure at first, but, his pony also had a bit of an attitude.  I liked him though, he was spunky! ;O)  After the owner come up and scolded him and patted him on the butt, he and Owen both settled in and Owen really enjoyed the rest of the ride.


Just one last picture on our way out.  That's Owen's new picture face.  I'm not so sure I'm thrilled about it!! ;O)
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment