Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

I can't find the exact statistics, but, I know Fairbanks had the second rainiest July in history this year and I believe if Anchorage didn't get the same, we at least got the record for the most consecutive days of rain.  It seems to me, we'll have even more records broken for the month of August!!!  Between rain clouds, Dave and I have desperately been trying to get a handle on our yard.  If all goes well, we'll hydro-seed tomorrow.  But, it isn't because we're truly ready to do it, we're just running out of time.  Shawn keeps reporting snow on the tops of the mountains...she's certainly not helping our stress levels any! ;O)  Regardless, we're definitely in for an early winter!  I'm honestly surprised we haven't had a freeze yet....this after some report on the news said global warming is providing Fairbanks with a longer growing season...I'd like to see the statistics on that!

Anyway, on to photos.  Dave rented a skid steer last weekend to finish up the heavy work.  We spent Saturday night in the ER waiting for xrays of the side view mirror Owen stuck up his nose...that's a post in of itself...so we didn't exactly get a head-start or have our hearts in it.  But, Dave worked his little heart out with the help of his co-pilot...


Daisy just cracks me up.  Both her and Max were terrified of the skid steer, but, as soon it was off, she laid down and took a nap in the shovel.  I tried to get a shot of that, but, she moved before I could get back with the camera.

We also had Duds and Elroy at some point last week.  Doesn't Dudley crack you up??  It doesn't matter where you sit, as soon as you get comfortable, you see that big ol' butt of his backing up to sit on you.  You'd think he'd have some sort of back-up siren on that rear!  He especially loves Dave for some reason and got off my lap to sit with him as soon as Dave looked settled.  We  just had them for one night, which, is probably just enough.  They are so hairy!!

This is just a shot of my goofy kid...I have no idea what the purpose of this pose was...he asked for the picture...he just cracks me up!!  Notice the lack of pants.  He spent a whole lot of the summer in the house because he refused to put his pants back on.  We'd be outside and after a while he'd go in to go to the bathroom or who knows what only to come back out with his rain boots on and without his pants.  He is such a strange one!!!

I thought this was such a cute shot of our little trouble maker.  Unfortunately, his face was COVERED in chocolate from an ice cream cone he had eaten before going out to play.  You have NO idea how much Photoshopping this took!!  Note the ground...picture this EVERYWHERE, so thick and tall, you can't see our 80 pound Daisy laying in the yard....it's all gone now!!!  Now if we could just get the grass to grow before the weeds have the chance to grow back!!!  Wish us luck!

Hope you are all having a great weekend.  We've still got a long weekend ahead of us.  Dave and I spent most of the day today shoveling a dump truck full of gravel and spreading it in the kennel, but, we still have more to move before we can bring in the hydroseeder.  I did manage to get a few more shots of Owen though and I will try to share those tomorrow if get the feeling back in my hands by then! ;O)


No comments:

Post a Comment