Sunday, August 15, 2010

More Yard Work...A Little Less Rain

So, I think it rained all night and looked like it might rain any minute for the majority of the day, but, it gave us a break to finish our yard work and now looks almost like sunshine out there.  Of course, that would be because Dave is in the midst of finishing up hydroseeding the entire yard.  No doubt, it will be dry and in the 70's for the next two weeks...those of you local will know who to thank!!!  R.D. stopped by today and mentioned that we did in fact break the record for most consecutive days of rain at 28 days so far in Anchorage...I'm guessing it rained on into the morning this morning to put us at 29 and of course, the day is still young, there's 6 more hours of possible rain left in the day!!!  It's been absolutely miserable and made finishing this yard a nightmare.  We basically gave up and decided to just hydroseed what's here while the machine is free.  Everyone, please say a little prayer for us that this was a good choice!!

O.k., on to that kid of ours...he has worked his little heart out and not gotten a nap the last two days.  He's fallen asleep around 5 both evenings (in fact, he's still asleep now, I need to go get him up) absolutely exhausted.

Here's the proof...he finally conked out on the couch watching cartoons yesterday (and same for today).  He looks so innocent when he's sleeping, don't you think?  As if it's never crossed his mind to stuff a mirror up his nose!!! :O)
I wanted Dave to take us to dinner last night after we had given up in the yard, since there was no way I was cooking.  Unfortunately, Owen was so tired and crabby from no nap that we just ended up ordering pizza.  I did somehow find the energy to bake cookies (glad I did it last night, because it is all I can do to type this blog entry tonight!!!).  Owen helped after he woke up, he's so funny, his nose was so close I was worried it might get caught in the blender!!!

We picked up a few heavy duty yard tools in the spring, including this shovel.  I'm really glad now that we did.  Will left some that were all plastic behind for him, but, Max got to most of those.  This is a wagon that used to be Will's too.  They had some heavier duty kid's wheelbarrows earlier in the summer at Home Depot, had I realized that Owen had outgrown this one by so much, I would have grabbed it for him!

The size didn't phase him though, he took his job very seriously.  We had about a quarter of the dump truck left to do this morning, so, it was still over an hours worth of work to finish.

Doesn't he crack you up?  He kept telling Dave, "we have lots of work to do".  It was so funny!

He did finally loose interest in the rocks, so we set him up with a board full of nails to pound.  I think if he had a smaller hammer, he would have been more interested.  As it was, he preferred pulling the nails back out of the board instead of pounding them in!!

Alright, I am completely out of steam and my fingers really hurt!!  Hope you all have a great week.  I'll try to post some pics of the yard later this week.  Just figured, that you'd rather see this kiddo more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment