Saturday, June 30, 2012

We have had the craziest weather lately!  I'm trying not to complain after seeing the extreme heat in the central US and the flooding in the southeast.  But, ours has just been plain frustrating.  It starts out super cold and maybe even rainy in the mornings than it is in the 70s around 4pm out of the blue or vice versa.  The other day we went to Owen's running club and even though we live less than a mile away, it was clear blue skies at our house and pouring rain at the park.  In the hour and a half we were there it cleared up and got super hot and then, right as we were leaving, the rain and wind moved in again and it rained the rest of the day.

Anyway, point being, today was similar.  When we woke up it was clear blue skies, by Olivia's first nap it was dark and cloudy as if it were going to rain and then the sun appeared out of nowhere.  So, we decided to go for a bike ride and visit the park near our house.  It was the perfect temperature (mid 60s) and just amazingly beautiful.  I thought to bring my camera and got some long overdue shots of Owen.

We are in the process of switching Owen up to the next size in clothes.  So, excuse the shirt thats a little large and the pants that are a little small...hehe, cracks me up for some reason!  At least his shoes fit!!!

He wouldn't stop with the goofy grin, so, a straight face seemed to be best...didn't notice the grape jelly on his face until now!

Olivia was so funny, every time I pulled her glasses down over her eyes, she was out like a light!  It was really bizarre!!

I insisted on taking this photo of Owen and I on this tree.  I wish Dave had told me it just made us look nuts and in my case, extra portly! ;O)  Oh well, I don't have many shots of me with my favorite little man!

You know you take too many photos when your son thinks up better poses than you can and insists on his photo being taken!!  I'll know I'm truly bad if Olivia knows how to pose before she can sit up on her own!! ;O)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn, Just checked out your pictures (recommended by one VERY PROUD grandmother. Your photography is just great (maybe another job idea for the future???). I've not seen the cute goggle-type sunglasses before. They are adorable and so practical. I see cousin Madeline in some of the shots of Olivia.

    Also liked the zoo picture with Owen and the antlers!!

    ReplyDelete