Monday, December 14, 2009

More Visitors!

I swear these guys come right around Owen's birthday intentionally! I've been wondering when we'd see them this year. I may be wrong, but I think these might be the twins that hung out in the neighborhood with their mom last year as 2-year-olds. I guess that makes them the same age as Owen! ;O)

It was about 3:30 when I took these photos...dusk in our world...between that and the falling snow, my pictures are less than ideal. But, I thought you guys might get a kick out of them anyway. They were licking the salt off the driveway...thanks to Shawn, we switched from the toxic chemical type to salt used for water softeners. Huge break for the moose!
These pictures make them look pretty small, but they appeared to be as tall or taller than our 6 foot fence (hard to say when you are looking down on them). Owen said there were "little" and "so cute". He kept "mooing" at them which I don't think they appreciated...I swear they can hear us talking even inside the house. I was hoping they'd eat our pumpkins that we still have sitting out, but they were too busy licking the driveway to notice them on the porch. Maybe they'll be braver another day.
Hope you are all having a good week. It's back to work for me...a short weekend! Owen has an Inservice Day on Friday, so the school is closed. We've seen both his alternative doctor and his pediatrician this week. We're still trying to determine why his tonsils are so swollen. We have him on a TON of vitamins for his immunity and had him tested for food allergies. The results should be in some time just before Christmas. I'm not sure what to hope for there, but it would be nice if we could find something simple to solve his issues. His pediatrician recommended just having them removed...shocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment