Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!!

I'm trying to stay awake to wait out Owen so we can play Santa Claus and thought I'd sneak in some time to post a few pictures. I haven't been taking many pictures lately despite the fact that all of us are close to healthy these days. I swear I'm never home these days!!! I'll be glad when the holidays are over and I'm back to having 4 days off!! Oh, speaking of work, I've been extended at Chevron through January now and I'll know more definitely next month, but I may end up staying through March. I'm not sure I'm excited about it, but I'm 100% billable this way and just minutes from Owen's daycare. So, there is some merit to it. I'm getting really tired of not knowing though!

Anyway, on to the pictures! Owen got a guitar from Dave and I for his birthday and wasn't so sure about it at first. He's been playing a tiny plastic one his Laster grandparents bought him years ago which was really meant for a toddler. So, when he opened this one originally, he told us it was too heavy. Well, he's gotten over that and seems pleased to have real strings to strum just like his dad. He even insists on using a pick! ;O)
Here's the two of them jammin' together! O.k., Dave was on the phone, but Owen was content as long as his dad kept strumming!
I stole a recipe for Sugar Cookies that includes sour cream off a blog I follow recently, so Owen and I tried it out. They were really good and moist, but I made them way too thick. They seemed to rise more than the average sugar cookie...so, I guess I need to make another batch to get it right! Dave isn't so anxious for me to do that since he's supposed to be watching what he eats however. Owen loves to cook though and likes liking the mixing spoon even better!!! His favorite part is breaking the eggs, so our food tends to have a little extra crunch these days! ;O)

Finally, I just thought I'd share a couple pictures of how I have to scrapbook. I didn't realize how nice it was to just have him under foot!!! I always sit on my exercise ball when I'm playing with all of my paper junk to spare my back and Owen thinks its so great!

Check out the air he gets!! You'd be amazed how long he finds this entertaining. I think its the fact that it drives me crazy that makes it extra fun.

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. We're really looking forward to tomorrow. We are all going sledding at a nearby playground and then coming back to our house for dinner. My cousin, Geoff, was the one that came up with the sledding plan and it made me realize Owen's never really been. We take him around the yard in his baby sled every now and then, but we don't have any real hills around here. So, we can't wait to see what he thinks. This kid is all about speed and the hill we're going to is plenty steep and plenty long, so he should love it! Hopefully, I'll be able to post the pictures we get right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment