Sunday, July 3, 2011

Magic Kingdom...

I think I mentioned it before, but, I made the BIG mistake of hitting the Animal Kingdom on our first day in Disney.  Owen was devastated...there was not a castle anywhere to be seen!!!  The idea behind my decision was that the Animal Kingdom closed at 5pm, so, we could do our thing and then go to a nice dinner and still be in bed at a decent hour.  Fortunately, since we had the park hopper option and the Magic Kingdom is open until midnight, we were able to head over after dinner.

Owen was thrilled beyond words when he got his first glimpse of the castle.  To this day, if you mention Disney, he turns and says, "Thats where the magic begins you know..."!  I think I've mentioned that before, but, it amuses me to no end every time he works it into the conversation! ;O)

One of the first rides Owen went on was Dumbo.  Shawn and I amused ourselves by taking pictures in one of the cars they had on display while Dave and Owen rode the real thing.  We had to fight off a spanish speaking family with about a dozen kids just for her to sit in it...in fact, I think there was one playing on the floor by Shawn's legs when I took this shot! ;O)
 After the ride, Owen got his chance for a shot in the Dumbo car...
This is Shawnie preparing to watch one of the many 3D shows in the park, I think it was Mickey's Philharmagic...I love that show, it hasn't changed at all even though its been there forever, but, I still think it's fun to watch!!
 We of course had to get this kid some ears.  I took this picture after it got dark so the ears are kind of blurry, but, thought it was still cute of Owen.
Of course, a trip to the Magic Kingdom isn't complete without watching the light show at night!!
Shawnie actually took better pics of the fireworks with her Iphone....but, I had fun playing with some of the settings on my camera.
I have more pictures from Magic Kingdom, but, I'm worried Blogger will freeze up if I put them all in one post.  I'll split into two parts...

No comments:

Post a Comment