Sunday, July 3, 2011

Magic Kingdom Part 2...

We had SO much fun at Disney, I'm already so ready to go back.  The weather was amazing, we were never bored, and Owen was thrilled.  Can't ask for more right!!  We really took advantage of the park hopper tickets and the late hours at Magic Kingdom and pretty much visited it every night after spending the day at one of the other parks.  There was so much to do there, I couldn't get over it.  When Dave and I went last time (pre-Owen) our focus was so different.  We totally bypassed all the little people rides and that cuts out quite a bit of the park.  But, of course, that wasn't an option this time!
 Shawn and I spent a lot of time waiting for Dave and Owen....Owen was totally infatuated with the Toy Story ride in Tomorrowland and would have just rode it over and over if we'd have let him.  So, Shawnie and I amused ourselves by taking pictures with this random dude under the Astro Orbiter ride...I don't know why, but, we thought we were really funny! ;O)

 
Owen's other infatuation was the monorail that toured the park.  I know he rode it at least 3 times while we were there.  It was funny what he found exciting!!

My all-time favorite ride out of all the parks is and always will be Space Mountain...Thunder Mountain comes in a close second however! ;O)  Dave does not love Space Mountain, but, Shawnie was up to going on it with me.  We had the craziest experience, right as we were ending the ride the whole thing shut down, it totally made our vacation!!  We were literally ready to turn into the room where you get out of the car when it happened, so, unlike the rest of the riders, we weren't out anything...which made it better.  Plus, they give you this ultimate Fast Pass to ride any ride at any time to make up for it.  This is Shawnie and I waiting for them to let us out...
 This is a picture of all the tracks inside with the light on, crazy huh!!  Notice the car with people in it in the upper left of the photo...that was just one car behind us...they had to take the stairs all the way down along with all the others trapped behind us.  Can you imagine!!  We saw some HUGE people there!  I can't imagine how they extricate them from the ride!  Anyway, it was a total thrill to get to see the inside of this ride, I probably would have been less amused if I'd been one of the ones who stood in line for over an hour however! ;O)
If I had to guess, I'd say Splash Mountain was Dave's favorite.  We did everything to try and talk Owen into going on this one, but, he just wasn't having it!  We got sidetracked and missed Shawnie and Dave during the drop, but, snapped this photo of them as they rounded the corner at the end of the ride.
Alright, I'll be back with more pictures...I still have Busch Gardens and Sea World left...I may have taken too many photos! ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment