Sunday, July 26, 2009

Last Week...

We've had a really busy few days and I am behind again on posts! So, we'll start with last Monday. Dave's Aunt Linda, Mom, and Grandma all flew into town and his Grandpa drove in from Valdez Monday night. So, they all stayed with us that night. We finally got the bed frame we ordered for Owen's bed, so, Dave and his grandpa wrestled with it until they got it put together. Lesson learned...buy the frame at the same time as the crib due to manufacture changes in the 2+ years it takes the kid to grow out of the crib!!! Who knew! ;O)

Owen was thrilled, although, our first night was not a success...he's gotten better though and we're hoping he is back to sleeping in his own bed full-time again!! He'd been consistently sleeping through the night in his own room for months and recently started to back-track. We're too used to a full nights sleep to change now! Notice he was thrilled to pose for me on Monday night when he was getting ready for bed.


Diana was nice enough to watch Owen for us on Tuesday and Wednesday, so, I was able to work the first half of the week and enjoy every one's last few days with them. On Thursday, Diana and I took the boys to Bounce House in Eagle River. I'm sure these types of places are strictly an Alaska thing....a warehouse filled with the blow-up bounce toys you'd typically rent or see at carnivals. Eagle River's is far smaller and less spectacular than all the others, but its convenient, and the boys really enjoyed the day.

This is them sitting on a blow-up chair!
This is Grandma Laster playing monster with Owen (you can see his arm) in Owen's favorite toy.

Owen getting ready to go down the slide...

Will posing for me...I think he had more fun than he admitted to...
Will consoling Owen as we were getting ready to leave...after the worst of the tantrum subsided that is...I am so proud of my public screamer (what age does he grow out of that again?)!

1 comment:

  1. It's will I just wanted to say I really like the post.

    ReplyDelete