Friday, July 20, 2012

Sunny days...chasing the clouds away...

We've had a beautiful few days here in AK!  Yesterday, it was in the mid 70s, just amazing!  Dave and Shawnie got to take a 37' yacht, owned by one of their suppliers, fishing out of Seward.  I'll have to post the picture Dave took.  Shawn thinks it's ruined her for charting a fishing boat in the future, it had 3 bathrooms!!  Now, thats my kind of boat!! ;O)  They got some beautiful silvers which, with the fish drought we are having up here, is like coming home with gold!

Anyway, onto some pictures.  I took this of Olivia the other day.  I think this was after one of Owen's soccer games.  She rarely sleeps through us turning the ignition off, let alone bringing her in the house.  But, she was pooped this time.  She looks like one of those little baby dolls you can buy that are just too realistic not to be creepy...but, in a good way! ;O)  

I was telling Dave yesterday that with the new found control of her hands, she likes to run her fingers on the sun visor on her car seat (the silver thing up top).  It drives me nutty!!  Kind of like nails on chalkboard all the while you are driving!!  If she's not doing that, she's singing.  I much prefer her little sing songy voice! ;O)


O.k., so, I attempted this tutu photo again without much success on what I was going for.  Shawnie bought us a Groupon for a family photo at Fitzgerald Photography in Eagle River (more on that later...Dave didn't make it in the "family" photo) and I just especially love this photo for some reason.  Mine didn't go as planned, but, I still really like what I did get...thanks to my mom and the 500 tutus she bought, we will have plenty more opportunities! ;O)

And of course...this was how the photo shoot ended...
Two little couch potatoes watching t.v. again... 

Olivia hanging out while I got ready for the day...doesn't she look just a wee bit like a punk here! ;O)

Owen told me he "picked" me some flowers the other day and rolled-up pleased as punch with his wheelbarrow full of violas.  Not exactly what I would have liked to see!!  But, these are technically just growing on the dirt area Dave uses as a parking spot.  I kind of liked them in the ground though!!!  We had another little lesson on what qualified as a weed, but, how can you not appreciate the intent! ;O)

And not to be outdone, Owen has a little video of his own.  This is quite the accomplishment seeing how his parents exceed the weight limit and couldn't demonstrate for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment