Saturday, March 12, 2011

First Flight...

Well, in a private aircraft anyway!  Dad took Owen and I up for Owen's first private plane ride while he was here visiting.  We had quite a bit of high winds while Dad was here, it was really usual and got old really quick.  But, it cleared in time for Dad to get quite a bit of flying in which I think he was pretty thrilled about.  I wasn't super excited about flying, but, I was really glad I went.  I had forgotten how much fun it is!

Here's the three of us before take off...

Here's the boys...Dad was surprised how much shorter he was then Uncle Doc when he saw this photo...you'd think by now he'd be used to it!

This is the goofy grin Owen had on his face the ENTIRE flight!  So funny, he absolutely loved every minute of it and asked constantly when Gramps was going to take him up again.  I think Uncle Doc has a new flying partner! ;O)

Thought I'd throw in a view shot...this is downtown Eagle River...notice the SNOW!  Yuck, it was 8 degrees when I looked this morning, its been warming up to the low 30s during the day though.  Things are slowly starting to melt a little.  Probably better than all going at once, when that happens, the sewer drains tend to stay frozen and all the snow melt ends up flooding the streets.

This is after we landed.  Doesn't Owen look like a serious flyer in this shot?  He's so funny!

1 comment:

  1. There are pilots in my family, so I found this post especially interesting. I'm no passenger for the small planes, however. "Mind over matter" (stomach matter, that is) absolutely does not work for me and I lose my cookies every time. Give me a pressurized, giant jet, please! Great shot of downtown Eagle River!

    ReplyDelete