Monday, July 12, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend Continued...

The weather was so bad over the holiday weekend that it really put a damper on too much outside fun.  Sunday we decided to kill some time and run into town to see the 3D version of Toy Story.  Owen loved it, but, I thought it was kind of dark and sinister for a kids movie!!  I definitely don't intend to buy it as I don't want to have to watch it over and over again....I'll get nightmares from this one for sure!!!  That baby was SOOO creepy!!  Who thinks this stuff up!

Monday the sun came out of nowhere and it was downright hot!!  Dave and I jumped on the opportunity and attempted to get the fence stained.  It was a total disaster starting with the color!!!!  I picked it, which just makes it worse!  I thought it was the same color that we used on our old house...brown with red hues.  Not so much...more like red, with red hues!!

Owen helped us out and took the whole thing very seriously.


Unfortunately, Dave and I lost track of time (as the fence took freaking FOREVER!!) and Owen eventually got sick of painting in the heat.  He went inside and watched a movie while Dave and I finished (not really...finished the bucket of stain anyway).  This is how Dave found him when he went in to check on him!!  The pillowcase in his lap, by the way, is the "super hero cape" that he insisted on taking with him when he and Dave went shopping earlier that morning!! ;O)  I don't know if Dave talked him out of taking it inside the stores or not!!!



This is me wrapping up the last of the bucket of stain....Dave helped by taking pictures....  Later, I decided to head to the store before making a huge effort to clean-up because I knew I'd crash and not get my errands done if I showered and/or sat down at all.  It wasn't until after I got home (4 cashiers and a whole lot of looks later) that I realized that I looked like I had just beat the living snot out of someone and was covered in their blood.  The stain is just about the same shade as dry blood and I had it splattered EVERYWHERE!!!  Even when I took my pants off to shower later that night, I mistakenly thought I had cut myself when I saw stain on my leg.    That's how similar to blood it looked!  Oops...hehe...maybe should have at least scrubbed it off my face or tried to explain to the unusally quiet cashiers that kept staring at me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment