Monday, July 12, 2010

New Visitors...Or at Least One New Visitor!

Owen and I were heading down the stairs one morning this weekend and guess who we saw in the neighbors yard!!!  A baby moose!!!  We ran to the window and saw that of course, momma moose was right there with her!!  I grabbed my camera and tried to open the door to get a better shot, but, momma wasn't having it and came stomping up our driveway (not fast, just forcefully!) to get between me and baby.  But, she relaxed when I shut the door and started drinking out of the puddles in our driveway.  So, baby came over to check out what she was doing.  Isn't she a cutie (I think it's a she anyway), she was so nosey and in no hurry to leave.  


They seemed so comfortable here in our neighborhood that it made me think momma had been here before.


In fact, I'm wondering if she's the same momma that came by in the winter of 2008 with her little boy to eat the pumpkins we'd left out for them after Halloween.  The same little boy that charged up on my 2-foot, lighted, faux spruce moose and head-butted him while his mom was eating!!!  (My moose has never been the same!!)  I hope so anyway, we haven't seen either one of them since then and I'd like to think they are both doing well.  Plus, this new baby seems to have a very strong "little man syndrome" type personality just like the last one!! ;O)





Hope you are all doing well!!  I'm looking forward to having another week down this month.  I'll be glad when August rolls around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment