Monday, January 11, 2010

Still Lots of Snow!

We're not getting "dumped on" like all the whiners claim in the Lower 48, but we've had our share. We have only let the dogs out in the backyard a few times this winter so the snow hasn't been packed down much at all. We had a bit of warming and then a cold spell, so there's at least a hard layer in the middle. Owen and I went out the other day to spend some time playing in the snow and I was shocked to see how deep it really was. I sunk up above my knee if I wasn't careful.

The dogs were easily belly deep and had to leap to move. They crack me up, but they were good and worn out by the time they made a few laps around the yard I can tell you!

Owen didn't seem to sink in the snow like I did, but he still couldn't really walk in it (he still sunk up to his thigh) and so I think the plan backfired as I was all but exhausted by the time I hauled all 30 pounds of him around the yard and back into the house!! This picture cracks me up though, he decided he wanted to go in the woods and when we got there, he informed me that he was going to climb that spruce tree. Really? He couldn't even stand up on his own, but he thought he'd be able to just shimmy right up the tree...the one with a million branches, not to mention really pointy needles. Sometimes his dad really shines through! ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment