Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Snow Much Fun!

O.k., so my titles are getting corny...but, I am running out of things to say about snow pictures! ;O) That's all we really have to do around here this time of year and Owen is so much fun outside these days now that he's big enough!

I have to laugh and tell you that Owen and I had done some sledding yesterday and decided to walk further back into the woods. It was quite a walk as the dogs hadn't really packed it down yet and we stopped to sit and take a little break....
I was more laying in the snow thinking how peaceful it was and pondering why so many cranberries were still clinging to the branches back there...weren't the birds interested? Anyway, about that time, there was a terrible half snarl/half panting noise that was coming up on us quickly and then it suddenly leaped over me, covering me with snow!
I, of course, didn't get a picture that go around, but did manage to capture this one on his second lap....so much for peace and quiet!!! No wonder I'm always so stressed out! ;O) This is 65 pounds of pure fury coming at me at full speed with no intention of diverting from his course, so I best sit very still so he can leap over me or get the heck out of the way...fast!!! Max just cracks me up. As soon as he runs out of steam, he just sits and shivers uncontrollably. As much as he loves being outside and in the snow, he's just not built for it.
Owen decided he found a cave with monsters in it and climbed under the branches of a spruce tree. He was pretty proud of himself for this and thrilled about his special cave, but about the time he climbed out, Max climbed in and "marked" the tree...so much for that secret cave. Owen and I discussed what yellow snow is made of last week and now he won't go anywhere near it other than to point it out and confirm with me that yes, it indeed is still pee....;O)
Hope you all have a great week, I'm back to work tomorrow and praying the "men with guns" don't show up with warrants and the right to interrogate us all!!! I have absolutely no info to provide, but it still makes me nervous...life is never slow when you work for an oil company! ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment