Saturday, June 21, 2014

January Pics!

I am SO behind, but, have gone through most of the pictures (Dave doesn't download his phone often enough!!) and will load ya up!  It's been a busy year, I had no idea!!  We've had nothing but daycare issues and because of that, not only have I been bad to post on here, I've been bad to take pictures too!  I've been trying to make up for lost hours by working from home, but, all that does is tie up my time and with all the interruptions, I don't get anything done anyway!!

There's a scrapbooking program called Project Life that's become real popular over the last few years.  The idea behind it is to make a point to take a picture every day, in an effort to record even the routine moments of life that go undocumented normally.  I really like the idea, but, as easy as it seems, it's a huge commitment.  It did make me think and I made an effort to start taking more pictures, even if it was with my phone...which I am TERRIBLE at using!!  So, prepare yourself for some grainy/blurry pictures! ;o)


We bought these headphones for Liv to watch movies on the plane to Hawaii, but, she only wore them around the house and refused on the plane...grrrr!!!!


Poor Daisy, tolerated a lot!

Our house sitter decided to be extra nice and scrub the fish tank while we were gone.  It was sweet of her, but, in the process she killed our algae eater (our only fish besides the frog).  So, she replaced the fish with a new totally different type of algae eater which is quickly outgrowing our tank!  Anyway, Liv is convinced it's a shark and loves to watch it, it's far more active than our old algae eater that stuck to the glass!

Owen wanted this picture taken, he's so goofy...look how young Livi looks here!!  Breaks my heart!!

 Thanks to the crappy daycare Liv was in most recently, she would come home sick pretty much every week even though she was only there on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  We had the stomach flu THREE times between January and April!!!!  Anyway, I have quite a few pictures like this one...

 I have a lot of these too....selfies of Liv that she takes with our phones!!

We were working on potty training, so, Liv spent most of the beginning of the year in unders with no pants!!  She fell asleep watching a movie while I was working in the kitchen on this particular day.  Unlike Owen, if its too quiet, it's usually because she's asleep not because she's up to no good! ;O)


No matter where it is...if Dave lays down, he inevitably ends up with both kids!!
 What is it about Max that both kids think he's a rideable!!

Owen officially became a Tiger Cub, won third place in the pinewood derby, and then we made him quit.  What a freaking disaster the Cub Scouts are these days.  Not only do I not want to deal with the chaos, I did not want Owen acting like the older kids in scouts.  Talk about holy monsters...and the biggest nerds!!!!  I just couldn't deal and Dave had an even shorter fuse for this particular group.

Liv went through a phase where she thought she needed to wear her Xtratuf's around the house....she's so weird sometimes!  This was her "cheese" face.

And these will be used as black mail during her teenage years...this is typically how she rolls the two middle fingers in her mouth and the one up her nose!!

But, this one is even better...apparently she needed to double it up, hahaha!!  Glad I had the camera out for this!

We had an EXTREMELY warm January and early February.  Despite a heavy snowfall earlier in the winter, we were down to grass by the end of January.  In fact, the Iron Dog and Iditarod were a total disaster.  Veterans of the Iditarod said it was the roughest trail they'd seen in 20 or 30 years.  The Iron Dog is a couple weeks earlier and they had it even worse, there were newspaper pictures of them running their sleds on stretches of trail that were nothing but grass and sticks.


Liv can't eat an Oreo cookie without looking like this by the end....

No comments:

Post a Comment