Thursday, May 16, 2013

SO BEHIND!!!

Olivia has been cutting teeth since the beginning of March and has been up at least once every night since.  I keep thinking we've made progress, but, after trying to put some stuff on her gums tonight, realized she's still cutting 4 molars and 2 of the front lower teeth as we speak.  She went from 5 1/2 teeth to at least 12 since her first birthday just 7 weeks ago.  Her gums have been so swollen, I can't really distinguish one surfacing tooth from another.

Add on top of that stress at work and both my grandmother and uncle in the hospital for heart surgeries in March, I'm honestly just ready for the year to be over.  Of course, don't forget that we have snow in the forecast this week with lows in the teens...what month is this again?  Is it too early to say this summer just sucks? ;O)

O.k., where do I start!!!

I took part of these with my phone and part with the camera, so, ignore the weird quality of some of them.  Although, I have to say, it was kind of hard to tell which was which until I started editing them in Photoshop...gotta give it to those apple people!




These were all taken on March 15th, Olivia has been such a little mimic, she'd been "talking" on the phone for quite a while before I ever took these photos.  In fact, she has quite a few apps on our phones and the ipad, just for her.



At just shy of one year, she had 6 teeth above the gum line, 2 up top and 3 and a half on the bottom (the fourth one had barely broken the surface).

The teeth were so new to her she'd make this face and bite her upper lip with those two prominent teeth on bottom.  She would actually wear a sore into that top lip she did it so often!  Thankfully, with all the other teeth that have been working their way through, she's quit doing that!

My cousin Geoff took part in the Iron Dog with his brother-in-law (who also happens to be his best friend) this February.  As rookies, they took 11th place.  Darn near unbelievable considering the 2000+ mile race takes 6 days to run with temperatures hovering around -40 F!  In fact, of the 40 teams that started this year, only 20 finished.  If Owen didn't think Geoff was the most amazing guy ever before, he sure does now!  In fact, he was so proud of his cousin, he talked about racing when he grows up for weeks.  So, Geoff did a little looking around and found a race for 120s and on March 16th, Owen got his first chance....that was eye opening!!  It was unbelievable how many kids had machines and participate in these races.  More shocking was how many parents had spent thousands modifying their kids' machines!!!  Owen was in the stock race, but, there was a whole group of modified that raced separately.  The machines were so fast in the modified group, most kids couldn't even stay on them when they took the corners...can we say freakin' ridiculous!!!!  Owen did great for his first race, although he didn't place, and was super pumped to do it again.  This is what I get for letting him hang around Geoff! ;O)

It was NOT a warm day, but, Olivia was a trooper...her mother was not, I was SO sick and miserable!!

Olivia ADORES this brother of hers and loves to be in the middle of anything he's doing.  Owen is not always pleased, but, tolerates her EXTREMELY well.  As you can see, Olivia loves cars just as much as her brother does...

If brother says cars fly through the air...it must be true...



Olivia loves Owen's train table too.  I think it's super cute to watch her play, she had to stand on her tip-toes here, but, not any more!

Olivia does nothing like she should.  I've never met a baby that would eat ice cream...until now!  I think Owen was almost 3 before he'd eat it.  But, Olivia can't get enough.  I gave her a bowl of her own the other day and was letting her try to feed herself.  I got sidetracked doing something for Owen and when I looked back, this is what I found!  Apparently, she just couldn't get it in her mouth with the spoon fast enough...;O)  This was the one and only time I've ever seen her lick the bowl!!

I attempted birthday pictures, but, they were really counter productive.  Olivia has figured out that her face shows up on the back of the camera every time she gets her pic taken.  So, she'll sit still for about a 1/10th of a second then scoot like crazy to look at her own picture.  She's been cutting nine teeth ever since and not pleasant.  I may be taking 2 year pictures at this rate!!

1 comment:

  1. I happen to know a grandma who is REALLY looking forward to seeing these precious children! Love the pictures. You do an excellent job of capturing Owen and Olivia's moods and activities!

    ReplyDelete