Sunday, May 19, 2013

More Catching Up...

This is Olivia's new chair from her Grandma Gail/Grampa Will.  She's thrilled beyond belief.   Mom thought there might be a fight over the new one and I assured her that Olivia wouldn't know the difference...boy was I wrong!!  Olivia very definitely knows whos is whos and often gets in her chair (which is right next to brother's) then puts her finger in his seat and does that annoying grunting thing babies her age do to get him to sit by her...I have pics, just have to find them!  She's holding her piggy from Aunt Amy/Uncle Bill along with a personalized Easter Bunny!  

I'm always taking pics of Olivia to get her pretty blue eyes, but, Owen has amazing brown eyes with those same long lashes.  This was just me goofing around and forcing him to humor me, but, I love this picture, it's so him!

I like the brown in his eyes in this one better, it's more true to life, but, that GOOFY grin!!  Little turd! ;O)

We went to the park and Olivia flipped for the slides!!  I have video...LOTS of videos in fact...but, those will be another post.

Olivia does everything brother does...

Olivia's gotten super proficient at feeding herself, but, her all time favorite is spaghetti...I make "butterfly noodles" to make for a more successful meal! ;O)  Owen likes to have "snake noodles" mixed in with his "butterflies".  What did I call this stuff before I had kids!!!

Some meals are more successful than others...but, she did eventually eat that entire container of yogurt all by herself while I cleaned the kitchen!

She may have missed the mark a time or two in the process...

Grandma hit the big 92 this month!!  We surprised her by meeting at the Chinese restaurant in town that we all like.  She seemed to appreciate us taking the time, it's hard to get everyone together all at the same time!


Owen ran the zoo run again this year...too bad it was in the SNOW!!  Yuck!!  We were so wet and miserable by the time he was done!

This year I was smarter and ran ahead of the kids and took pictures along the trail instead of trying to photograph them at the finish line.  I was so glad I did...all the parents cheering stirred up the wolves who came to the fence and howled for all of the runners.  So cute!!!!  Owen was towards the back of the pack at the beginning....

but, had passed more than half of the kids on a steep hill and was in the front 25% or so on the home stretch.  He was in running club last summer and will start again in the next couple weeks.  It was amazing the difference in his speed after that...its 2x a week for an hour and a half!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment