Friday, April 23, 2010

Guess What Owen Got Today....

I have a few more pictures to share, although, I'm realizing how pathetic I am about getting shots of my munchkin. We had a nice birthday party for Dave this weekend and Owen got to play with Charlee and Jeda. But, I was too sick to even think about digging out my camera. What can you do. It seems like special events are the only time I take photos anymore, so I hate that I fell down on the job!!

Anyway, this is our little turd in his Halloween costume. He's been quite a handful the last month or so and has spent a lot of time thinking about his behavior alone in his room. Well, when you are a little manipulator and a thinker to boot, you don't just sit in your room without working up a plan! ;O) So, every time he's really in trouble, he gets the stool and pulls his costume down from the top of his closet and puts it on. Then he comes downstairs and asks for "a big hug" and tells me "I wuv you mommy". Fortunately, I have experience with this little trick thanks to my wonderful sister who reminds me more and more of my little troublemaker with every new "plan" he devises!!! Anyway, it just cracks me up because I know he thinks this costume puts him over the top on the cute meter as you can tell from this picture!!!



This picture is mostly for my mom. Shawn, Owen, and I brought dinner out for Gram on Easter and spent some time visiting. Dave had been at an indoor shoot and was sick to his stomach because the ventilation in the building wasn't working properly. One more reason to look forward to spring I suppose, the outdoor range! ;O)



And finally....the grand finale. Dave came home from work sick earlier today and he grabbed Owen's new glasses on the way! Owen had an eye checkup about two weeks ago where they decided he's fully recovered from his lazy eye, but, one eye has improved faster than the other. He's got one right where it's supposed to be at a 2 (don't remember if its "+" or "-") and the other is at 3.5. So, they want him to wear glasses now to correct the problem and prevent the need to wear them as an adult. I believe it is extremely short term, like just a few months. But, I have to say, he was made to wear glasses...although, he looks so grown up! ;O) We had a tough time picking the frames. 2/3 of all the glasses were pink and had something fun on them like stars and hearts engraved in the sides. The best we could do for a boy is blue frames with little sponge bob's on the inside of the things that go behind your ears. What the hay!! Being a boy sucks in that department! Thank goodness their toys make up for it!!!!





Hope you are all having a great day and looking forward to the weekend. We had snow yesterday and this morning, but it's cleared up and is back up to 50 degrees. Let's hope it stays that way!!! Shawnie's running a half-marathon tomorrow in Tennessee, so think good thoughts for her tomorrow! Hopefully, Dad is taking over my job as picture taker.....she loves pictures of herself at the end of the races.....;O)

1 comment:

  1. Owen looks smarter than all the adults with his new glasses! Very handsome!

    ReplyDelete