Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Day of Fall

Well, while everyone else was celebrating the first day of fall, we were celebrating the onset of winter!!! We've had the termination dust settle on the tops of the tallest mountains at least once prior, but nothing like this!!! Our highs are barely hitting 50 degrees and Monday morning we woke up to frost on the ground. In fact, the frost was still hanging around when Owen and I headed into town around 10 that morning. It's just a matter of time now!!!

Owen seems to be doing well without daycare, so far anyway. His attitude is definitely improved significantly already and he's being much more independent. With Owen and I both being sick for most of the month of September, we got into a bad habit of letting him watch t.v. and movies all day long. Not any more!! My goal is no more than 2 hours a day, he hasn't even seemed to notice! In fact, I think his last movie was over the weekend some time. Now, if he'd just take a nap, we'd be doing awesome. He has sat in his room for up to 3 hours keeping himself amused and fighting sleep. I don't know what his deal is, but it seemed to start when he switched into the 3-year-old classroom at the beginning of the month. He still NEEDS a nap and so do I! ;O) So, I'm still pushing for it. I may have to start putting him to bed in our room just to keep him away from all of his toys!! Or better yet, make him run laps!

Hope you are all doing well. This was a success of a post as I figured out how to download my photos off my camera and both crop and re-size the pictures!!! I still would like to have Photoshop, but hate to spend the money right now. Thankfully, Mac has something with similar editing capabilities, just not as advanced. But, it will do for now! ;O)

1 comment:

  1. Did you have full blown Photoshop or Elements? Usually you can find pretty good deals on Elements at Costco. Do you guys have Costco?

    ReplyDelete