Sunday, February 21, 2010

Artist in Training...



Such a little goof ball!! We had a pretty laid back weekend since Dave had been gone all week. I swear, I don't know how single parents do it!! Owen was actually pretty good for me, but getting him up to get him to school in the morning is a nightmare. He likes to be to school in time to go to the "big room" and is an absolute devastated mess if we're late. That means, we need to be there no later than 7:30 and of course, his new school is way across town, about a 40 minute drive. If you aren't up by a quarter 6, you're late!! I failed to factor in the weather Thursday morning, it was pouring rain causing the bad drivers of the world to slow down to a crawl on the highway causing us to arrive around 8...after the kids had been sent to their individual classrooms. Owen's teacher literally had to rip him off my leg, crying his eyes out, so that I could head to work. It was horrible!! Anyway, needless to say, it was a long exhausting week and we're both glad Dave is home.

I have to tell you all a funny story, if you haven't heard it already. With our new limited diet, we are starting to make it a priority to eat together (we have to in order to encourage Owen to eat meat and veggies). Anyway, Owen had finished eating all he would and got down from the stool at the counter. I scolded him and told him he was rude and that he needed to put his butt back on the chair until Dave and I could finish. That little turd backed-up to the stool until his butt touched and with a totally innocent, straight face told me "otay mommy". We were in shock!! What do you say to that? He did what he was told!!

Anyway, hope you all have a great week. I'm hoping ours is a little bit less stressful this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment